ST. JOSEPH CATHOLIC CHURCH
CASH RAFFLE RULES
(Indiana Gaming Raffle License #014857)
- These official contest rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by St. Joseph Catholic Church or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by St. Joseph Catholic Church or the Catholic Diocese of Evansville.
- All raffle drawings shall be held at St. Joseph Catholic Church parish offices in Princeton, Indiana. All tickets must be received by the drawing date and time to be eligible for the drawing. Drawing will be held each day at 11:00 a.m. CDT. You do not need to present to win.
- Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the cash raffle.
- In the event that sales do not reach $33,000, the Grand Prize will be recalculated based on the actual number of tickets sold.
- Winner has one week (7 days) to claim the cash prize, or forfeit all claims thereto. Winner is responsible for providing two forms of identity, one of which must be a photo ID, to verify that this is the person on the winning ticket. Winner notification will be made by telephone or mail.
- Successive alternate backup winners will be drawn and held by St. Joseph Catholic Church, but not announced, in case the winners do not claim the cash prize within one week (7 days), or is ineligible.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility at the discretion of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
- Winner is solely responsible for all taxes due on cash raffle winnings.
- Winner is required to complete all documentation for purposes of the Internal Revenue Service. After the end of the year, St. Joseph Catholic Church will file form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize won. The winner will receive a copy of the W-2G for their year-end tax return. Winner agrees to provide their Social Security Number and other personal information to St. Joseph Catholic Church for tax purposes.
- All non-resident aliens are required by IRS regulations to pay 30% United State income tax on the value of the cash prize unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount must be paid to St. Joseph Catholic Church prior to the release of the prize. After the end of the year, St. Joseph Catholic Church will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of the filed documents.
- Winner agrees to use his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by St. Joseph Catholic Church, and agrees to sign a publicity release with any further compensation.
- Joseph Catholic Church reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event, its liability is limited to refund of ticket prices to participants. Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is guilty of a Class D felony.
- THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.
- All proceeds benefit St. Joseph Catholic Church and School in Princeton, Indiana.